Affordable home inspection services raleigh nc
- Siding, Flashing, Trim
- Decks, Balconies, Stoops, Steps, Porches, Railings
- Vegetation, Grading, Drainage
- Retaining Walls (to their effect on the dwelling)
- Eaves, Soffits, Fascias
- Walls, Ceilings, Floors
- Counters, Built-In Cabinets
- Steps, Stairways, Balconies and Railings
- Signs of Water Intrusion
ROOF AND ATTIC
- Visible Framing, Insulation, Ventilation
- Roof Covering, Flashings, Chimneys, Penetrations
- Drainage Systems
- Signs of Water Intrusion
- Foundation Area
- Visible Framing, Piers, Ventilation, Insulation
- Signs of Water Intrusion and/or Moisture
- HVAC System and its components (Heating and Air)
- Plumbing Fixtures and its components
- Water Heater
- Electrical System including Electrical Panels, Visible Wiring, Receptacles, Lights, Switches, Ceiling Fans, Smoke Detectors
- Fireplaces ( Wood Burning, Gas Logs, Fire Chamber, Damper, Visible Flue)
- Windows and Door Assemblies
- Built-In Appliances
- Ventilation Systems
- Garage Door Openers
- and more...
PRE-SALE HOME INSPECTIONS FOR SELLERS
Home Buyers can sometimes scare easily and can be extremely picky and unwilling to negotiate when it comes to repairs. A pre-sale home inspection gives you the opportunity to receive an unbiased 3rd party evaluation of your home‘s current condition before you put it on the market. Some benefits of a pre-sale inspection include:
- Improves the marketability of the home.
- If concerns are revealed, you have the opportunity to make the repairs needed ahead of time or re-evaluate the sell price, reducing delays in closing.
- Could lead to less stress during the negotiation process with a quicker sell.
PRE-PURCHASE HOME INSPECTIONS FOR BUYERS
Buying a home is probably the biggest purchase you will ever make. With that being said, it can be as equally stressful as it is exciting. A home inspection will provide you the “peace of mind” you need in order to make an educated and confident decision on purchasing your home. Some things to keep in mind:
- No home is perfect! Don’t let minor defects found by your inspector “kill the deal.”
- A brand new home does not mean a perfect home! Defects can exist on new homes that have passed mandated codes. I have never inspected a perfect home, even a brand new home.
- Don’t feel like the seller is trying to hide defects. Most of the time they are honest, but unaware of the defects uncovered by an inspection.
- A Home Inspection will help give you that peace of mind you need for the biggest purchase you will ever make.
- The inspection report will give you the information you need in order to make educated and informed decisions.
- Costly repairs could potentially help negotiate the sell price.
HOME MAINTENANCE INSPECTION FOR HOMEOWNERS
You wouldn’t drive your vehicle without maintaining it. If you don’t maintain your vehicle, the life of that vehicle will be short lived. The same principle applies to your home. If you maintain your home, you ensure the life of your investment. Some benefits of a Home Maintenance Inspection include:
- Preventative maintenance can help you prevent more costly repairs down the road.
- Properly maintaining your home is essential for increasing the value of your home.
1-YEAR BUILDER’S WARRANTY INSPECTION
If you didn’t get an inspection before you bought your new home, this is designed just for you! The purpose of this inspection is to identify defects and potential defects you can address to your builder to fix before your warranty expires. Some things to keep in mind:
- More than likely, your builder won’t remind you that you warranty is almost up. Make sure you schedule an inspection with us at least a month or two before your warranty expires. This will give the builder plenty of time to fix any issues found during the inspection
- Anything mechanical can break at anytime. Even if you had an inspection before you bought the home, new defects may exist and could be causing damage to your home.
- If we performed your initial inspection, not only will you get the same detailed, easy to read report with pictures of the defects, you will also receive a 10% discount.
HELPING THE REALTOR
You and your clients are our only priority and we are here to help in anyway we can. By choosing AG Home Inspections, here’s what you can expect from us:
- We know you work long hours. That being said, we work when you work. We are available to assist you whenever you need.
- Our Inspectors will be on time, professional and courteous. We want to help you maintain the reputation you worked so hard to attain.
- Our inspection will be very thorough and informative to both you and the client in a professional and non-alarming manner.
- We are hear to answer any questions and concerns at anytime, before and after the inspection. You work hard to earn the trust of your client for life and we want to do the same. Our services don’t stop at the report.
- Your inspection and our findings are confidential. Only you and the client will receive the report unless otherwise given permission to do so.
RADON GAS TESTING
Radon - What is it? Radon is an odorless, invisible, tasteless and toxic radioactive gas that comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in rock, soil and water. The release of this gas enters the air you breathe and can be found just about anywhere, entering any type of building structure. ie: homes, offices and schools. Radon entering buildings can build up to high levels, and according to the Surgeon General, it is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
Is there Radon Gas in North Carolina? According to the EPA, a large portion of central and eastern North Carolina has a potential of Radon. Radon levels can vary widely from one home to the next, even on the same street. I have personally tested for Radon at two homes in the same neighborhood. One home had no signs of Radon while the other had dangerous levels. The only way to know if Radon exists in a home is to have it tested.
Can high levels of Radon Gas be remedied? Yes! The EPA recommends that Radon levels of 4 pCi/L (pico curries per liter of air) or higher be mitigated. Repairs can range from $1,000.00 to $2,500.00 when performed by a certified contractor and the repair does not require major changes to the home.
Our Radon Gas Testing Process - We use top of the line radon monitoring equipment to give you the most accurate results possible. The monitor is placed at the lowest level of the home for a minimum of 48 hours. During the testing process, normal entry into the home is acceptable, however, the doors must be shut immediately and all other doors, windows and ventilation systems must remain closed in order to have an accurate test.
Need a termite inspection? Let us save you the time and energy of searching for a good termite company! We work with one of the best termite companies in the triangle and can take care of that for you!
Need a septic inspection? Let us save you the time and energy of searching for a good Septic company! We work with one of the best Septic companies in the triangle and can take care of that for you as well!